Saturday, April 05, 2014

REDI Cincinnati head plans ‘guerrilla marketing’ to bring companies to the regioN

REDI Cincinnati, the region’s new, main economic development agency on Thursday appointed Johnna Reeder, a Duke Energy vice president whose role included economic development, as its CEO.

Reeder started out working at a chamber of commerce in Tennessee before moving to Cincinnati and starting over at the United Way, Citi and Kroger in government relations, public affairs and foundation management roles. She answered a few Business Courier questions in an interview Friday morning.

1. Why’d you want this job?
I’ve worked in economic development for Duke Energy for close to six years now. I want to make this my full-time job. I’m very passionate about the region, about how we grow jobs and businesses, about how we take care of our existing business and industry and how we go out and what I would call guerrilla marketing to national and international business possibilities. I want to lead that effort with a very strong team and great group of investors and supporters. More here.

No comments: