It is crucial to ask the right questions when choosing an agency to assist in place marketing efforts. Here are some guidelines:
1. How well do you know my business? Consider the ones who did their homework can define the problem correctly.
2. What kind of experience do you have? An advantage of working with an outside agency is being able to leverage the experience an agency's team has gained from solving problems for other clients.
3. What do your references say about you? Ask to speak with current and past clients.
4. Whom will I be working with? Find out exactly who you will be working with and where you fall in terms of client size. The size of your account may affect how much attention you receive and whether or not your campaign is handled by senior executives.
5. How do you measure success? Prospective clients should get a "shared mental model" on their expectations regarding budget, measurable goals, and what a "big win" looks like.