If you are considering working with a marketing or advertising agency to execute your place marketing plans, consider those that will act as an extension of your team.
They need to not only understand your audiences and product offerings, but also the unique challenge of marketing a community, region or state.
While you will have many questions for them, you should also be prepared to explain to an agency what you want to accomplish through the partnership. As a prospective client, be prepared to answer the following questions:
1. Have you worked with other agencies? Why are you changing?
2. What measures will you use to determine success?
3. What is the budget range for this project?
4. Who will be assigned to work with the agency and how accessible will they be throughout the process?
5. How often and in what format would you like to receive progress and status reports?
An agency that asks these questions will be better prepared to assist you and will deliver better results for your organization.