Sunday, December 28, 2014

Cities eye economic development alliance

City leaders go out of their way to praise High Point’s economic development efforts.

They point to a long list of success by the High Point Economic Development Corp. recruiting new businesses and fostering expansions of existing companies.

So why would High Point want any part of a possible countywide economic development coalition that is now the subject of discussion among local government leaders?

In short, officials said it could enhance the region’s chances of landing a major project like an auto plant, without diminishing local recruitment functions.

“I think for large projects, something like this could be highly effective,” said Mayor Bill Bencini. “If there is a countywide effort, I don’t see it in any way eliminating High Point’s economic development efforts.” More here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow…can I really make money from home? What an idea and the best that I’ve heard in ages. Your website is cool and fun, and your blog is wonderful. I am very happy that I came across your write-up. Now, I am all set to take your advice and make my life worth living as a freelancer. Who would have thought that I am also an eligible candidate. I am sure to visit www.zopcodes.com,signature logo design that are open to people like me. Kudos!